Domain Media dream home competition terms and conditions
Promotion: Win the keys to a Domain dream home for a night
Promoter: The Promoter is Domain Holdings Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 43 094 154 364) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009 (Fairfax). Telephone: (02) 8596 4556.
The Promoter is part of the Fairfax Media group of companies owned or controlled by Fairfax Media Limited (ACN 008 663 161) (Fairfax Group).
Start date: Monday, October 16 2017 at 9am AEST
End date: Friday, November 6 2017 at 11:59pm AEDST
Promotional Period: from the Start Date until the End Date.
Entrants: Entry is only open to Australian media agencies and Australian companies who are current advertising clients of the Promoter. Directors, employees and their Immediate Family Members of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and any agencies or companies associated with the Promoter or the Promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate Family Member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Prize description: Two major prizes valued at over $60,000 each and in aggregate $120,000. The winners will receive the keys to a Domain dream home (high end holiday rental) for one night. The first winner will receive one night's accommodation at a 9 bedroom and 6 bathroom Domain dream home selected by the Promoter in Red Hill, VIC which accommodates no more than 20 people. The second winner will receive a night's accommodation to a four bedroom and four bathroom Domain dream home in Palm Beach in NSW which accommodates no more than 10 people. Check in to the NSW Palm beach property commences at 2pm, Friday November 24, 2017 and check out is at 10am, Saturday November 25, 2017. Check in to the VIC Red Hill property commences at 2pm, Thursday December 14, 2017 and check out is at 10am, Friday December 15, 2017. The bond for the NSW property in Palm Beach is set at $2,000 and the bond for the VIC property in Red Hill is set at $3,000.
Further detailed terms and conditions regarding the Dream Home prizes are included in the terms and conditions below.
In addition to winning the keys to a Domain Dream Home for a night, each winner will receive print and digital advertising value on Domain Group media assets as follows:
(a) $30,000 worth of value on print advertising which includes two half page ads; and
(b) $20,000 worth of digital advertising. Digital advertising includes standard ad units only.
The advertising component of the prize is based on Domain Group’s standard advertising rate cards and is subject to Domain’s standard terms and conditions of advertising available https://www.adcentre.com.au/terms-conditions/. The advertising component of the Prize must be used by 28 June, 2018 or will be forfeited. Value of advertising is based on full Domain Media rate card. Agency or advertiser discounts do not apply.
Type of promotion
This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judging and selection of the winning Entrants will be conducted by judge(s) selected at the discretion of the Promoter. The selection of the winning Entrants will take place at Domain headquarters in Sydney, 55 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009 at 10:00am AEST/AEDST.
The judge(s) will select the winning entries from the valid entries received during the Promotional Period. The judge(s) may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry, ineligible Entrant or a prize being rejected or not collected.
Each entry will be judged at the sole discretion of the judge(s) based on the originality, creativity and innovative nature of the response to question 3. In addition to answering question 1 and question 2 accurately.
The judge(s) decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result.
All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner(s). If a prize remains unclaimed by a winner or unallocated for any reason by 15 November 2017, the prize will be forfeited and no cash or other alternative will be offered to that winner. Subject to any direction or requirement under State legislation, unclaimed prize(s) will be reallocated to the entrant that has submitted the next best entry after the first selected winner(s) based on the judging criteria . The selection of the winner(s) of any unclaimed prize(s) will take place at the Promoter’s address at 1pm on November 18, 2017.
How to enter
To enter, Entrants must:
Visit http://www.domainmedia.com.au/dreamhome and;
Follow the prompts to answer the 3 questions specified within the entry mechanism on the website;
Fully and correctly complete the Competition entry form details, including their full name, state of residence, company name, current and valid email address and contact phone number;
Agree to the Competition terms and conditions; and
Submit their fully completed Competition entry form
Entrants are not permitted to submit multiple entries during the Promotional Period. One entry is permitted per individual.
Entry into the Promotion
1. The Promotion Details above and all Detailed Terms below form part of these Terms and Conditions. The Entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions.
2. It is a condition of entry that all Terms and Conditions are accepted as final and the Entrant agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Submission of an entry is deemed to be an acknowledgement by the Entrant that they have read these Terms and Conditions and accepted them.
3. Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Promotion Details, unless stated otherwise.
4. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and runs for the Promotional Period ending on the End Date.
5. Valid entries by eligible Entrants will be accepted during the Promotional Period. No entries will be accepted after this time. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the Entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion, social media platforms faulting or for any other reason.
6. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. An entry that is made on behalf of another person will also be deemed invalid.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, inflammatory, offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringes any third party rights, including intellectual property rights.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion or Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details including the right to request proof of an entrant's identity, age and residency. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant or entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each Entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. An Entrant who uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the Entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their internet service provider.
13. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
14. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, power or technical failure, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
15. The winner(s) will be notified by email together with further instructions on how to arrange the collection of their prize.
16. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant or winner.
17. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize or provide a cash alternative.
18. The details of the prize(s) are set out in the Promotion Details. The value of the prize(s) is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the Start Date of the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
19. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
20. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier. The Promoter and the third party prize supplier reserve the right to refuse to allow a winner to use or take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if either determine, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely use or participate in the prize.
21. If the prize consists of any gift cards of any third party supplier, the gift card(s) may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, traveller’s cheques, cash passports or any other form of currency, and will not be replaced or refunded if the gift card is lost or stolen.
22. The prize will only be arranged with the winner via phone or email in order to arrange property details and to arrange the media package.
23. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
24. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party supplier and/or is to be delivered directly to the winner(s), the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party supplier to meet any obligations in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise. The terms and conditions which apply to a prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Terms of Conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency.
25. No travel costs for to and from the property are included as part of the prize. All other expenses other than those expressly included in the prize are excluded and are the sole responsibility of the winner and any travel companion(s). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the winner will be responsible for all catering and transport costs.
26. In addition to this Domain reserves the right to host a face-to-face lunch and learn session with both winners in order to help determine the purpose behind the campaign and also help shape the objectives and the purpose. All prize components are to be arranged directly with an assigned Client Lead, who will be assigned to the winner once the prize is announced.
Domain dream home property
Each Domain Dream Home property (Premises) is provided to the relevant winner strictly subject to the following terms and conditions:
The date for the stay in the Premises is fixed and cannot be changed. If the winner does not take the prize on the fixed date then the prize will be forfeited.
The winner and his/her guests will not use the Premises for any other purpose than for a business conference with no more than TEN (10) persons to be accommodated.
The winner will not sublet or assign any part of the premises.
The winner will ensure that the Premises are kept in a clean condition, and in good repair, excepting for reasonable wear and tear, and not remove any furniture or effects from the Premises eg: no indoor furniture is to be moved outside.
The winner will thoroughly fumigate and disinfect the premises, at the winner’s expense, in the event of any infectious illness occurring during the winner’s time in the Premises.
The winner will at all times respect and ensure his/her guests respect the privacy of neighbours and not to be guilty of conduct, which is a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring occupiers.
The winner and his/her guests will not smoke in the Premises.
The winner and his/her guests will not bring any animal or bird into the Premises.
The winner agrees that the Promoter has no responsibility for personal injury claims or compensation in any form by the winner and/or any of the guests or invitees of the winner.
Any failure to comply with these terms may result in, amongst other things, the forfeit of the winner’s bond of $2,000 for NSW and $3,000 for VIC.
The winner agrees that all or part of the bond can be used for any replacement value of accidental breakages, damages, linen stains that cannot be removed, and any additional cleaning or garbage removal required to return the property to its arrival condition.
Personal Information, marketing and publicity
27. As part of the Promotion, the Promoter will collect Entrants' personal information. If the Entrant does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the Promotion. Submission of an entry is deemed to be consent by the Entrant to the Promoter collecting their personal information.
28. The Promoter will use the personal information to enable an Entrant to participate in the Promotion.
29. The Promoter will disclose Entrants' personal information to third parties including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers, Promotion sponsors and service providers to assist in conducting this Promotion.
30. The Fairfax Group may use Entrants’ personal information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the Entrant electronically.
31. If there is a Promotion Sponsor, the Promotion Sponsor may use the personal information of an Entrant for marketing purposes. By entering the competition the Entrant has given their consent to be contacted by the Promotion Sponsor.
32. Personal information will be stored by the Promoter on a database controlled by the Fairfax Group or by a third party service provider of the Fairfax Group.
33. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
36. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter and the Fairfax Group may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
37. The winner agrees not to sell or otherwise provide their story and or photographs related to the Promotion or being a winner of the Promotion to any other media organisation.
Intellectual property rights
38. The following conditions apply where the Promotion involves submission of any materials including but not limited to answers to questions, a statement, idea or opinion, video or voice recordings, images, works of art, designs or photographs (Content):
i) the Content must not contain any viruses or cause or be likely to cause any injury or harm to any person or entity;
ii) the Content must be the work of the individual submitting it;
iii) the Content must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition or promotion;
iv) before submitting the Content, Entrants must obtain consent from any person (or the parent or guardian of any person under 18 years) who appears in any content and from the owner(s) of any property that appears in the Content. Entrants must obtain any other permissions required for the submission of the Content;
v) each Entrant must warrant that the submission of the Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Entrants must warrant that the Content they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it;
vi) the Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice to the relevant Entrant;
vii) the intellectual property rights in the Content submitted by the Entrant remains with the relevant Entrant and does not transfer to the Promoter. However, in consideration of the Promoter providing the Promotion, each Entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Fairfax Group to use and reproduce any or all of the submitted Content including but not limited to in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this Promotion. The Entrant acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Content and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use; and
viii) the Entrant hereby consents to the Fairfax Group using their likeness, image and/or voice in the event that the Entrant is the winner (including photograph, film or recording) in any media whatsoever throughout the world for the purpose of promoting this Promotion or other similar promotions and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and or supplied by the Fairfax Group. The Entrant will not be entitled to any remuneration for such use.
Use of social media
39. The following terms apply to the extent that the Promotion is conducted on, advertised or promoted on a social media platform owned by a third party (Platform Operator):
i) the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Platform Operator.
ii) the Entrant releases each Platform Operator and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion; and
iii) to the extent relevant to the Promotion, Fairfax agrees and each Entrant must agree to adhere to the terms and conditions and promotions guidelines of each Platform Operator which are available to view online on their social media platforms.
Limitation of liability
40. Any guarantee or warranty given in relation to a prize is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
41. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting, taking part in or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
42. Neither the Promoter, nor any Promotion Sponsor or third party prize supplier, or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond their control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
43. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications of this Promotion and Entrants must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to their own personal circumstances and any tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
44. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.